NEWS AND RUNS
On this page you will find reports and photos of our most recent events as well as any news items. Click on the arrows on the side menu to take you to individual reports. Once in the report, you can click on the photos and use the arrows there to move to the next picture.
END TO END RUN
There will be an “End to End” next year organized by the the North Cotswold Section and the West Wilts Section. For details see below.
For an entry form, contact the organizers as detailed below or email us at the email address on our “contact us” page.
May 2020, End to End, John O’Groats to Land’s End Run: (E2E-2020)
Subject: Details To Date – 30/04/19
Introduction: The South Midlands VMCC Area, led by Glyn Buckler of the North Cotswold Section and Bob Fisher of the West Wilts Section (who is also the South Midland Area Rep) are organising a John o’Groats to Land’s End Run during May 2020 and now wish to receive commitment and deposits from participants across the VMCC.
Action Required: To ensure a place, please make a deposit of £50 per head, by cheque, to the account and address detailed on the accompanying Entry Form. The balance payment will be due at the latest by 27th March 2020.
The number of places is restricted to 60. If there is an over subscription, a ‘First Come, First Served’ principle will apply.
Updated Outline Schedule:
1. Thu 21st May 2020 – If taking the option to have your bike transported to Wick in Scotland, deliver your bike to David Hathaway Transport, Binknoll Lane, Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 8SY. http://www.davidhathaway.co.uk/ Your bike will be loaded into a purpose built stillage for loading and transport. (There are numerous low cost hotels in the area if you wish to stay over and catch the coach the next day.)
2. Arrangements to collect other bikes on the northward journey may be possible; please let us know where would suit you and we will consider the possibility.
3. Fri 22nd – A 53 seat coach will set off for Wick, initially from Wootton Bassett and then Stratford upon Avon Parkway Car Park. The coach will drive through the night to arrive at the hotel around breakfast time on Saturday 23rd .
4. Sat 23rd - Recover and prepare the bikes for set-off the following day.
5. Sun 24th – E2E Run begins. 6. The outline route destinations are: From Wick via John o’Groats to Inverness/ Dunfermline/ Windermere/ Stafford/ Tiverton/ Land’s End.
7. There will be one day off on 27th May in Windermere. Use this time for running repairs and exploring the local area.
8. Sat 30th – Arrive at Land’s End.
9. Sun 31st – Participants make their own way home.
The cost of participation is:
1. The Run - £676 per person – Includes: a. Breakfast on arrival at the hotel in Wick on Saturday 23rd May. b. 8 nights accommodation on a room, dinner, bed & breakfast basis. c. Your luggage transported by a dedicated van and driver. d. A dedicated recovery van including 2 x loan bikes. (See recovery limitations TBA) e. Hi-vis branded riding tabard and event memento.
2. Bike transport from Wootton Bassett to Wick - £72
3. Coach transport from Wootton Bassett/ Stratford upon Avon to Wick - £51
(Combined cost: £799 i.e. Items 1+2+3 where all are required)
Please note that these costs are based on certain assumptions regarding the numbers of participants taking up the bike and coach transport options. In the event that cost can be reduced, the organisers will notify you. In the event that costs increase unforeseeably, there could feasibly be a small surcharge; a radical shift in fuel prices for example. We are sure you can appreciate that, as there is no profit margin in these figures, there is no real buffer against a significant shift in the costs. It is our aspiration to deliver this run at as low a price as we reasonably can. Nominated Charity:The nominated charity is “Save the Children”; whose vital work includes both international and UK based causes. An official campaign is currently being set up with JustGiving to facilitate easy sponsorship and you will receive the full details in due course. Please do not set up a JustGiving page for this event until we give you the full instructions.It is hoped that all participants will raise at least £200 in sponsorship each. I trust this detail is useful but please contact me if there are any questions. In the meantime, I continue to look forward to meeting you all in May next year.
Best Regards – Glyn Buckler Event Organiser and Secretary
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (0)1789 751390 – (UK +44)
Mobile: (0)7946 460126 – (UK +44)
Relining Cork Clutches.
If any members would like their clutches re-corked now or in the near future please give us a call on 01559 371770. We have a Facebook page @theclutchcorkcarvery.